Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix Post
Here's my mix. Any constructive advise?
I think it is a good start (rough mix) with full frequency and well balanced. Maybe not very sonically interesting (maybe more stereo effects could be used??).
I did try to fix the obvious bad timing on the drums entrance. haha
Looking for creative ways to keep song intersting and moving forward.
thx in advance

.mp3    LookoutMountain_Ev160f.mp3 --  (Download: 7.25 MB)

hey man this is pretty good, maybe a little bit more taming off the vocal sibilance also maybe a cut out around 350 400 ish and like 650- 800 ish area as its sounding a bit boxy, otherwise great start
(15-02-2019, 07:56 AM)Spandexcore Wrote: hey man this is pretty good, maybe a little bit more taming off the vocal sibilance also maybe a cut out around 350 400 ish and like 650- 800 ish area as its sounding a bit boxy, otherwise great start
Thanks Spandexcore. I'll take a listen again and review those ranges. Did you feel there was a particular offending instrument in those ranges, or the mix as a whole in those frequency ranges?
Thx
Hey there,

Acoustics are nice and full, but a bit muddy. It sounds like there is some compression going on also. I would try removing some low-mid, without robbing them of there nice full sound. And back of the compression a tiny bit and/or increase the release time.
Vocals are a bit sibilant. Also I am not a fan of the double tracked vocal.
Also, for such a chill track you squashed the mix too far i think. It gets tireing to listen to after a while. Don't try to have every instrument to be heard equally, but try to place some tracks more upfront then others.

Cheers,
LukasAngel