Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words Attempt
I started this a couple of months ago but then life got crazy and I ended up traveling a bunch and had to set it aside. I don't remember why I picked this tune - I think I was just looking for a rock song with lots of electric guitar. I had a little spare time today so I finished it off.

The kick and snare were a fun surprise with the kick just being a trigger recording and the snare sounding like a ringy top mic with no snare buzz. I didn't want to just paste in kick samples and lose all of the dynamics so I started looking at trigger plugins. The one that comes with my DAW was surprisingly worthless given how nice most of the bundled plugins are. It was pretty much impossible to dial in a setting that triggered reliably and the latency was atrocious. Luckily XLN had just released addictive trigger. I tried out the demo and it was fantastic. In the end, I ended up buying it. For the kick, I obviously replaced the entire track with the sampled kick. For the snare, I layered in a snare with lots of buzz.

Otherwise it was a pretty straightforward mix IIRC (it's been awhile so I don't remember what if any other major challenges I faced).

.mp3    2018-01-13-devils-words-tjh.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)