Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remix by Kal
Hello everyone this is my first contribution here.

I had a lot of fun remixing this track and hope I made a good job here.

Comments and feedback welcome !

Cheers,

Kal.

.mp3    Johnny_Lokke_Kal_Remix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.21 MB)

Sounds great to me. All the sounds and balance feels good to me the way it is now.
Although I'm not any expert with metal music, still I feel that you might try also another version where the guitar wall could have more prominent role and drums could be just slightly less dominant. Would it be better that way? I don't know?
Hi Kal:
Nice work on the track, you've got a great foundation laid. Three things stood out to me:
1 - Drums a little bit too out front. Not a big deal as some people like it that way.
2 - Bass guitar is a little quiet or is being hidden by something else. Just needs to come up a db or two and have a bit of automation.
3 - The verb on the vocals gives them a bit of an "I'm in a tunnel" sound. Try adjusting a bit (maybe play with the pre-delay) to open it up and give it space.

Again, these are just small things I would comment on if I had hired you to do a mix. For a project like this where you are just doing it for fun I think you did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Keep it loud!
Johnny Lokke,
www.johnnylokkeband.com
Hello,

lots of thanks to both of you for the comments.

I agree with both of you on the fact that the drum is a bit too upfront, and by listening this mix now, i find them a bit too aggressive (some hi range harshness).

I'll try some modifications later (i'm working on other mixes now) especially on the "mastering" process I applied on the whole mix wich I now find to heavily compressed.

By the way thanks Johnny for this amazing tracks, I really had fun working on this mix which reminded of my early musical experiences ! (I'm still a diehard fan of early Iron Maiden an Helloween records Wink )

Cheers,

Kal.