Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kung Fu: 'Joy Ride'
Hi everybody,

Here is my mix of this lovely song. Had some problems with plosives in the main vocal but I think I managed to get rid of them pretty well.
Please do tell me what you think of it, I'm a total newbie mixer.

/Pontus

.mp3    Kung Fu - Joy Ride.mp3 --  (Download: 16.1 MB)

Hi PT yes you got rid of those plosives on the vocal good job on that,to say you are a newbie you have done a decent job,i feel though that your mix would benefit from less reverb,well done.
Reaper user
(11-01-2019, 05:44 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi PT yes you got rid of those plosives on the vocal good job on that,to say you are a newbie you have done a decent job,i feel though that your mix would benefit from less reverb,well done.

Hi Cudjoe,

Thanks for the feedback. Feels good to hear that it sounds decent; wouldn't expect much more for one of my first mixes anyway. Will take the reverb into consideration.

/PT
If this is one of your first mixes I'd say you're on the right path! Smile
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
Hi PT
Yup, definitely good job for a first go at it.
keep up the good work
Cheers
KirkSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(20-01-2019, 10:28 AM)axxessdenied Wrote: If this is one of your first mixes I'd say you're on the right path! Smile

That's great to hear! Thanks for listening.

(20-01-2019, 01:06 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi PT
Yup, definitely good job for a first go at it.
keep up the good work
Cheers
KirkSmile

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Smile
There is some agressive pluggin on your master out that adds a lot of high freq. It hurts a bit. i like the space that you have created for the mix.
All the best