Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JDI Mix
Short mix Smile

Give opinions

.mp3    live mix test 25 minutesss.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

Sounds very good! .. but could definitely use reverb on master track to make it more alive.
very nice mix....drums sound great! As do the guitar and vox.

for me the ambience is a bit confused ..... big slap on vox, huge dry snare .... each good in their own right but together maybe not so good. I think the fact that you've left the vocal intro to the song intact with the slap back in its full glory kinda sets the scene for a live sound and then the big snare hits....and it seems dry.

i'd also question the balance of the organ during the middle section.....the guitar for the most part is playing the same part over and over whilst the keys are going "Ham" on the melody.....but i can hardly hear it. Maybe some automation could help both the guitar and keys shine.

Both these points are stylistic choices and I offer them as food for thought. Good job.

Cheers
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Wow. The snare gave me bloody nose. Did I say something to offend? LOL.
The Hammond solo get lost to all the power and it shouldn't.
Otherwise this rocks.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]