Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannes Keseberg_You Know Better_Mixed by David Lopez
Somewhat new to mixing. Appreciate any and all of your feedback as I continue to learn and grow within our world of mixing! Here is my take on You Know Better by Hannes Keseberg.

Thank you in advance!

David Lopez

.mp3    You Know Better.mp3 --  (Download: 4.24 MB)

Very nicely done, David. Don't be afraid to expand the stereo field and the frequency range. You mix is solid but I would like to hear some more sparkle on individual instruments.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(11-01-2019, 12:31 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very nicely done, David. Don't be afraid to expand the stereo field and the frequency range. You mix is solid but I would like to hear some more sparkle on individual instruments.

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to listen to my mix. Now that I listen back to it, I definitely see what you're saying in regards to the stereo field and frequency range.

David Lopez
Mixer
[email protected]
The balance is close, although I found the vocals a little thin/subdued (not so much volume but probably more EQ, esp. around 200Hz). The other think to look at is the dynamics processing -- the drums need assistance from a good compressor on both the close mics and the room and overheads. If you add/increase the compression on a few elements the mix will have more bounce and clarity.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42