Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand mix UPDATE
My mix. I have doubts if it's good. Comments welcome.

-------------
UPDATE

REVISED: kick, snare 200 hz, levels horns, guitar 700hz little boost.

Image session added.

Final mix?

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

.mp3    Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

Wow... Fat kick. I loved the mix but maybe a little more kick definition would of been nice... great job
Hey Fenekucci! As mentioned before the kick lacks punch in both bass and highs. Also, the snare has a gnarly "flopp" to it that could get equed / reduced around 600-900. Also the guitar on the left needs more mids and lowmids, feels a bit tiny. I would like to hear the trombons panned more to the right to balance up with the guitar, nice handdrums , really smooth yet loud.
I like that kickdrum (cans here, ATH-M50x). It doesn't sound particularly fat to me, it's well placed and gels with the bass. Horns sound great, working as a unit and telling the melody well.

Agree with crownoise, that guitar has to man up considerably. It's the part that brings the tension and if it's soft the tune feels more like a relaxed jam than the thrilling "70s cops show" it's aiming at. Balance wise, I don't think it needs much else since most parts sound natural and solid and punchy, though there's leverage enough to be a little more flashy with space and squeeze/drive things a little.

Thank's brothers. UPDATE COMMING SOON!