Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Ikebe Shakedown: 'The Last stand' - crownoise mix
Hey all i had fun doing this one, funky as hell, hope it sounds good, cheers Smile

.mp3    funkitunk.mp3 --  (Download: 8.8 MB)

How the hell did you get that snare? I'm not 100% sure it fits this tune but is a frigging great sound!
It seems like some gremlins messed up with the trombone part. The file "tbone6-8" or something like that is to be put just before the trombone file so you can allign it with the rest of the tracks. The time displacement creates a funny syncopation at first but I guess that was not the band's intention.
Hey Deliza. It is a combination of gating it without loosng the snapp in the highend, also i think i had lowend pushed into compression and then removed and then brought up in volume at highs again to only keep the snare there cz where alot of spill in the mic. Very slow attack and release settings and eq also. What i often do now adays is, after i have mastered the song i gain the snare a tiny bit cuz it often gets lost after all is done, and i let the compressor of the masterchain act on th lastly gained snare the most, still have a clipper on it 2 and some dist.

Also, when dealing with snares, often boost alot around 200 to get the punch, and then try to regain the kick without it getting lost, i check phase alot, think i phaseinverted the snare topmic on this one sice the bass whas fighting the kick 2 much. And when you boost around 200 and bass in general you sorta needs to add some halfnarrow db + bell around the higmids to gve the "new" bass some precense. GL!
(09-01-2019, 08:57 PM)Deliza Wrote: How the hell did you get that snare? I'm not 100% sure it fits this tune but is a frigging great sound!
It seems like some gremlins messed up with the trombone part. The file "tbone6-8" or something like that is to be put just before the trombone file so you can allign it with the rest of the tracks. The time displacement creates a funny syncopation at first but I guess that was not the band's intention.

Heheh i was wondering what the heck that track was doing there, i was afraid it was the vocals that had gone missing Tongue...(Since there where non).
(09-01-2019, 08:57 PM)Deliza Wrote: How the hell did you get that snare? I'm not 100% sure it fits this tune but is a frigging great sound!

I caught that towards the end of my mix as well. I thought the 'bone was playing off time on purpose for a while until I aligned the track with the rest. It's one of those situations where I would be calling the group up and asking htem, "Hey! Did you mean to do that?"
The snare is definitely a punch in the face! The horns are not balancing well on smaller speakers though...