Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contraband EkiMix
This was soooo fun to mix!!
Thank you for listening, and any comments are greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Mike

ProTools
UAD
Focal Shape 65's

.mp3    Contraband EkiMix.mp3 --  (Download: 18.04 MB)

Nice mix!
How do you find the Focals?
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
Hi, thanks for listening and commenting!
I love these Focals! We’ll balanced, great stereo image..
But I love them even more since I calibrated them to my room with Sonarworks Refence!
Cheers!
Great mix, sounds BIG but still jumpy and sparky, very warm!

Did you do something out of regular panning to the first guitar? It might be some of the room tracks, but there's some kinda of movement with it, like it's not 100% fixed on one side. Very cool, it might be just me but I think it helps to gel it better with the rhythm section.

Only thing I didn't care much for was the delay on the guitar solo. It felt disconnected to me, partially because the guitar sounds very clear and then you have a very distant sounding long delay panned opposite. But everything else was really fantastic.
(08-01-2019, 03:37 PM)Deliza Wrote: Great mix, sounds BIG but still jumpy and sparky, very warm!

Did you do something out of regular panning to the first guitar? It might be some of the room tracks, but there's some kinda of movement with it, like it's not 100% fixed on one side. Very cool, it might be just me but I think it helps to gel it better with the rhythm section.

Only thing I didn't care much for was the delay on the guitar solo. It felt disconnected to me, partially because the guitar sounds very clear and then you have a very distant sounding long delay panned opposite. But everything else was really fantastic.

Thank you for listening and taking the time to comment!
The pan jumping is from the room mics, but i liked it too and didn't see the need to deep fix it..gave a little movement that was fun with the other rythmic stuff..
As for the solo..sigh..I know, I took the easy way out. I don't much like the actual solo, and after wrestling with the aggressive transients and squirming to make it fit into the song, i finally drowned the mofo.I almost cut it out entirely..
Thanks for your time and ears!
Cheers,
Mike