Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Know Better - ghizzu mix
Hi. Almost totally newbie in mixing here. I've done this in Reaper, using mostly Cockos' stock plugins. Thank you for your patience.

Edit - version 2
I've tweaked the pan balance a little and cranked up the volume a bit.

.mp3    You Know Better.mp3 --  (Download: 5.64 MB)

.mp3    You Know Better - v2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.64 MB)

The mix is good, the only thing I don't like is the preference to the right side.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
(07-01-2019, 09:44 PM)Cranky Emu Wrote: The mix is good, the only thing I don't like is the preference to the right side.

Thank you for your comment. Yeah, it's probably the rhythm guitar on the right on the first part of the song that unbalance the pan. I've posted a tweaked version.
Solid mix. I do sense a bit of over-compression which seems to throw a veil over the mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I can't hear that. It is on some specific instrument or on the global mix? On the master, other than a limiter, there is only a multiband dynamic equalizer acting like a multiband compressor. I'll check that. And thanks for your comment.
(08-01-2019, 03:56 PM)ghizzu Wrote: I can't hear that. It is on some specific instrument or on the global mix? On the master, other than a limiter, there is only a multiband dynamic equalizer acting like a multiband compressor. I'll check that. And thanks for your comment.

If you are using a multi-band dynamic eq (say the Waves F6) you must be trying to address particular issues you are hearing. Wouldn't if be prudent to address those issue in the mix and not in the mastering, since you have control of both?

One more technical/blog suggestion. Create your MP3s at the highest possible rate (320k). That makes a big difference, especially on here.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Ok, thanks for your suggestions!