Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Just One Minute - HB Mix
Such a good session. Really well arranged, recorded and performed. Lots of great mixes out there too. Here's my take.

.mp3    Just One Minute_HB Mix 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
First, I could not agree with your tagline any more - people need to develop their own style and sound instead of being sheep and following what went before them.
Now this is the second song that I have listened to that seems to have a right side preference. Either that or I am going deaf in the left auditory receptor.
Other than this, it sounds fine to be, well done.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
It sounds very well balanced to me. I have no idea how long you spent working on it, but it came out very nice, I like it! Great job!
-Manny

PS. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! LOL
(07-01-2019, 09:47 PM)Cranky Emu Wrote: First, I could not agree with your tagline any more - people need to develop their own style and sound instead of being sheep and following what went before them.
Now this is the second song that I have listened to that seems to have a right side preference. Either that or I am going deaf in the left auditory receptor.
Other than this, it sounds fine to be, well done.

Hay man, thanks for listening. Hope your left ear is good. I'm pretty sure the balance isn't too biased to the right but who knows....it could be and maybe I'm going deaf in my right earBig Grin
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

(08-01-2019, 01:36 PM)MannyMaldonado Wrote: It sounds very well balanced to me. I have no idea how long you spent working on it, but it came out very nice, I like it! Great job!
-Manny

Hey Manny, thanks for listening. Glad u liked it. The bulk of the mix came together pretty fast but then i spent quite a while using headphones to sort out all the ear candy....and then i wasn't happy with the bottom end, then i wasn't happy with the vox and then i wasnt happy with the drums....one of those mixes that one can end up tinkering 'til the cows come home Big Grin

(08-01-2019, 01:36 PM)MannyMaldonado Wrote: PS. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you! LOL

Careful what you wish for !