Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
McLovins - Buildin it up - mix
THIS IS MY MIX SUGGESTION.

Comments are welcome.

Full ITB! MP3 320. Images of the session.

-------------
UPDATE 1 - More Korg!
-------------
UPDATE 2 - Images Bass Tracks

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    McLovins - Buildin it up - master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.31 MB)

.mp3    McLovins - Buildin it up - master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.31 MB)

Awesome take on it.
*Good job on that snare tone is very natural sounding.
*Bass control is really good. did you do a cut around the 200 hz? to blend better with kick?
*Kick is not my favorite. It has a muddy sub freq. there that is making it sound a bit cloudy and not clear enough. but the low end on it, though a bit muddy, helps the punch.
*I think your guitars have a bit too much reverb. Looses definition when too much reverb is on it.
*did you use reverb on drums? or just on vocal? because the drums a a lil too much reveb in my opinion. or perhaps you used too much room mic. I think you used to much room mic... maybe that's what's messing with the kick too.
(07-01-2019, 03:31 AM)Shul Wrote: Awesome take on it.
*Bass control is really good. did you do a cut around the 200 hz? to blend better with kick?
*Kick is not my favorite. It has a muddy sub freq. there that is making it sound a bit cloudy and not clear enough. but the low end on it, though a bit muddy, helps the punch.
*I think your guitars have a bit too much reverb. Looses definition when too much reverb is on it.
*did you use reverb on drums? or just on vocal? because the drums a a lil too much reveb in my opinion. or perhaps you used too much room mic. I think you used to much room mic... maybe that's what's messing with the kick too.

Awesome take on it.

Thank's

- I liked too
- I don't no, i mixer only listening. See Imagens added.
- yeah! more impact, punch, fat. Reference: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories. But i go update for you one version less sub in master.
- Only for ambience and alloy. I insert a Pitch Shifter for wide guitar.
- reverb on drums: only OH and on Snare. Importante, there are many drum sounds on mic lead vox. The drums it's ok for me. Meybe tons, but they are out of tune.

.mp3    McLovins - Buildin it up - master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.31 MB)

Kick sounds a lot better in my opinion. I like the open feel on the top end you got. I think master 3 is the better one.
(07-01-2019, 11:05 PM)Shul Wrote: Kick sounds a lot better in my opinion. I like the open feel on the top end you got. I think master 3 is the better one.

thanks bro!
My God, these drums really kick ass! Very good mix.
(12-01-2019, 12:01 PM)ghizzu Wrote: My God, these drums really kick ass! Very good mix.

Thanks bro!
listened to v2. Sounds good to me. good job Smile

Cheers
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar