Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
The Last Stand - Eric Nilsson Mix
This is my mix of the song.
Great recording, a joy to work with.

I did some small editing work, automation on winds and guitar and replaced one bad note in the sax part.

I have done some EQ:ing with Api 550b EQs and parallel compression with SSL G-series compressors. I added some reverb to the winds and parts of the drums to make them feel more in the same world as the guitar. The reverb I used was the Valhalla Vintage Verb. I listened to the room mics to get the panning of the winds in the right place.

At the end of my process I added some light limiting with the L3 UltraMaximizer to get the volume of the track up a bit.

Please comment on my mix, I want to have your critic to be able to develop.

All the best!

.mp3    the last stand master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.49 MB)

Mix sounds great on small speakers. Can't wait to get back and listen on my monitors. Awesome mix!
(06-01-2019, 02:27 PM)EricNilsson Wrote: Please comment on my mix, I want to have your critic to be able to develop.

All the best!

I agree, that's a nice mix. I would probably cut some of the typical "Ouch"-frequencies of the guitar (2000-3000Hz) but that's just one detail. I like it!

(10-01-2019, 07:10 PM)Indemuse2 Wrote: Mix sounds great on small speakers. Can't wait to get back and listen on my monitors. Awesome mix!

Thank you so much for your kind words!
I would be very happy if you wanted to take a listen to another mix I uploaded the other day:
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=25670
(11-01-2019, 12:49 AM)Mansardian Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 02:27 PM)EricNilsson Wrote: Please comment on my mix, I want to have your critic to be able to develop.

All the best!

I agree, that's a nice mix. I would probably cut some of the typical "Ouch"-frequencies of the guitar (2000-3000Hz) but that's just one detail. I like it!

Thank you for your input!
I did a new version with a dip of a couple of db around 3k on the guitar bus.
The difference is subtle but its there and I felt that if I cut even more the guitar track got to blurry.

If you have the time I would be pleased if you wanted to take a listen to another mix I made:
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=25670

.mp3    the last stand less 3k guitar.mp3 --  (Download: 8.49 MB)