Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down [CE Mix]
Awaiting your comments and thoughts...

.mp3    (CMT) ADAM BUCKLEY - DRAG ME DOWN.mp3 --  (Download: 7.54 MB)

► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
Here are my observations

*Kick is nice and punchy but it's too up front in the balances.
*I like your snappy snare it sounds pretty cool. If anything I'd boost top end on it for a more exciting feel on it
*Toms don't have enough clarity to pierce through the mix the way it should. Them having that volume helps but it's till lacking that top end
*That explotion FX is too loud you should go easy on that.
*I'm missing thouse rhythm guitars on the chorus.. is what makes that section more exciting
*Voice eq is pretty good. I would work even with changes to the instrumental in the future.

Balances are not bad but you need to improve that excitement in the mix to make it sound less dead. Dead sounds are good because you really get that studio feel butit's also a problem when many things in the mix are sounding rather dead or not as exciting.
(06-01-2019, 02:26 AM)Shul Wrote: Kick is nice and punchy but it's too up front in the balances.
Give it a run, thanks.

Quote:I like your snappy snare it sounds pretty cool. If anything I'd boost top end on it for a more exciting feel on it
I will do some EQ'ing on it.

Quote:Toms don't have enough clarity to pierce through the mix the way it should.
More EQ'ing Smile

Quote:That explosion FX is too loud you should go easy on that.
Ok will re-visit my automation on them.

Quote:I'm missing those rhythm guitars on the chorus.. is what makes that section more exciting
I thought they were sitting pretty well. You feel they should be higher in the mix?

Thanks for the comments, appreciate them.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60