Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUILDING IT UP (FINAL_MIX)
Well what can I say... it's a hard mix to work with.
Good luck to everyone mixing this song Lol not a walk in the park.

Anyways.. feedback welcomed. Definitely a different approach from the already posted mixes here.

UPDATE--------------------

*compressed lead guitar peaks on the 2k area more
*Boosted bass for more definition and just dropped some low end to not push problems in that area. Also adjusted some nasty fret noise from the DI channel. (i'm using both tracks)
*boosted kick and snare for more impact and boosted the room mic for a fatter drum sound and a more "alive" feel... though this is not necessary all the time. Live recording doesn't have to sound "live" all the time but as pointed out in the comments it does sound a lil dead.
*lowered voice about 2 db to help the snare texture. Nobody likes a super thin snare.
*checked the mono mix for inconcistencies and in my opinion mix 2 sounds better in mono.

UPDATE2----------------------
Fixed some freq. problems.
Got a tighter sound overall and fixed some automation details on things as well.
That off tempo guitar was fixed somewhat too.
worked more with the voice and snare to get a more glued together sound.
Final mix.. at least for the time being. spent a handful of time on this song. It's been fun to work with. Hope you guys enjoy it.

.mp3    Building it up ShulMix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

.mp3    Building it up ShulMix2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

.mp3    Building it up Shul_Final.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

sounds very good! the papery snare swish probably coming from vocal track? overall sound very nice and dense. as you probably figured out, theres only so much you get do with the tracks, and i think you got the most out of them. nice job. ^_^
Pretty damn good I'd say.
Some of the Telefunken multi-tracks are just nightmares, spill on everything that has a mic.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
- More impact drums
- where's ambience, it's live
- good guitars
- bass more definition
Thanks guys for the feedback.

And Frank I fixed some of what you said.
Hope V2 is better sounding overall.
Hi!

Overall balance is ok!

Be more brave and use extreme settings of HPF and LPF on a single track!

Explore!

Be more creative! Big Grin

mik

Google translate

It can still improve the low mids. Better balance kick and bass.

This is my suggestion of mix. No mastering, MP3 320.

.mp3    McLovins - Buildin it up - mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.54 MB)

Final posted above. Hope you guys like the final better.
Like the thickness and tones maybe a little more clarity in the mids to make the instruments and vocal pop more overall good job..Nice!
(07-01-2019, 06:45 PM)sagalegin Wrote: Like the thickness and tones maybe a little more clarity in the mids to make the instruments and vocal pop more overall good job..Nice!

Thanks for feedback.