Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Ikebe Shakedown: 'The Last Stand' kapu mix
(08-02-2019, 02:43 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: LOL Tongue

hah. but seriously, at least i used to be 'afraid' of those tedious workflows etc. always thought that they were just a waste of time and couldnt make that much difference. but i found it is precisely those 'manual labor' tasks which get me into 'total control' of stuff instead of just accepting how the eq and comp happen sound with the particular tracks etc. ^_^
(09-02-2019, 05:32 AM)kapu Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 02:43 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: LOL Tongue

hah. but seriously, at least i used to be 'afraid' of those tedious workflows etc. always thought that they were just a waste of time and couldnt make that much difference. but i found it is precisely those 'manual labor' tasks which get me into 'total control' of stuff instead of just accepting how the eq and comp happen sound with the particular tracks etc. ^_^

Sounds like a differentiator in a tough business.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(09-02-2019, 10:37 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Sounds like a differentiator in a tough business.

this cambridge multitrack part of the business is exceptionally tough. there's no pay and only critique. ^_^
I just listened to the 2nd version. I really like the sound of it then again, I'm a fan of compression. I think that since the rhythm section is so think and in your face the horns could use something to add some spice or atmosphere. Some reverb or subtle slap delay might open up the space and add some air to offset the weight of the rest of the band.
(10-02-2019, 12:05 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I just listened to [...]

thanks for listening! in the latest version the panned horns indeed could benefit from some additional tweaking. ^_^
added new mix with some adjustments. ^_^
My dude, how did you get the cymbal crash at the end of the opening drum fill to bounce back and forth?
(23-02-2019, 03:14 AM)ephesian519music Wrote: My dude, how did you [...]

thanks for listening! there isn't any 'special' fx on any of the tracks. the effect on overheads is probably simply a byproduct of nonlinked (or dual mono) parallel compression which i tend to use on 'stereo' tracks, or just from the natural 'oscillation' between the cymbals decay. ^_^