Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Flames Mix
So I heard that bass and decided it just had to be 50% of the mix haha. I was thinking somewhere between Tool and Karnivool but with more of a straight forward rock grind.
Anyway, this is what I ended up with. Have a gander and let me know what you think.
Cheers.

.mp3    Flames Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.23 MB)

This sounds big, bold and dirty, I like it! Bass and vocal are tad bit pokey to my taste but it seems to work in the context of the mix. Like the overall saturation, I’m not that brave myself, prefer to keep my mixes clean.
(03-01-2019, 04:14 PM)glukin Wrote: This sounds big, bold and dirty, I like it! Bass and vocal are tad bit pokey to my taste but it seems to work in the context of the mix. Like the overall saturation, I’m not that brave myself, prefer to keep my mixes clean.

Definitely dirty. You're probably right about the bass and vocal being too pokey, totally makes sense. This mix didn't start off that way at all actually. I usually mix super clean also but I'm trying to see how far I can push elements in songs to bring a bit more excitement or flavour. So mixing stuff like this is good fun.
(03-01-2019, 03:12 PM)Pasta Wrote: So I heard that bass and decided it just had to be 50% of the mix haha. I was thinking somewhere between Tool and Karnivool but with more of a straight forward rock grind.
Anyway, this is what I ended up with. Have a gander and let me know what you think.
Cheers.

This mix is sick man!

I love the grit and saturation of everything. Also love the verse starting with left panned guitar only and then evolve to both after that double voice kicks in, that was a really nice detail. Bass sounds super powerful and that empty space before the final chorus gave me goosebumps. The only thing that stands out for me are the "sh" and "s" sounds of the voice, but that's more of a personal opinion, it might suit the energy of the mix.

Again, great mix man.

Happy mixing.
Sounds are not balanced and major gain problem wrong eq and reverb need a lot of work
(05-04-2019, 08:30 AM)Moein Mtlq Wrote: Sounds are not balanced and major gain problem wrong eq and reverb need a lot of work

No offense, but after hearing your mix, maybe you should check your monitors. Also, try to be more specific. 'wrong eq' isn't very helpful.
The only nit I can pick is I would like to hear a little more punch in the kick. A slight bump in the 5k region. Other than that, superb work. Especially the liberties you took with the arrangement. That breakdown before the final chorus was effing sweet. Radio ready.