Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better'
(04-01-2019, 02:45 PM)Monk Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 12:06 PM)Dangerous Wrote: As Mike mentioned, the whistle and clap parts are too good to leave just for the ending.

I feel much the same when tucking into a dessert of sticky toffee pudding. Though somehow I think that also having it for starters, or sometime during the main course, might upset the journey (and the other guests)

We can have too much of a good thing, which means that when the time really comes, we're already conditioned and instead of that special emotional feeling from a surprise, ends up losing it's edge because of familiarity.

There's a lot of scope for adding interesting and engaging elements to what's already there, with the help of the abundant tools in our mixer's arsenal, without copy pasting. Vision is key. This is a sparse arrangement, so you have all the space in the world (I mean two speakers) to flex muscle.

I'd tentatively suggest listening carefully to the lyric and imagine how this can be expressed conceptually, for starters. We are manipulators of emotion, so you need to think in terms of emotion and how this can be developed, enhanced, produced in the listener.

Yeah, I know, it's easier said than done Tongue

A very nice response Monk. Thanks for the time and thought you have put into this. This is very true and has given me something to think about. Emotion can be a tough thing to crack into if your head space is not quite engaging. Lots of listening with closed eyes for starters I think.

Very much appreciated Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better' - by Dangerous - 05-01-2019, 12:09 AM