Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#28 Gimme... soundproofing, please!
Happy New Year everyone!

I wasn’t feeling very comfortable with this one, mainly because I never really understood the arrangement, so I couldn’t connect even thou the main melody are lovely and I really liked this voice (a little Tim Booth like, that’s not slouch). Really cool choir too, sorta Mellotron like in some parts. Last verse, I totally lost control over the bass.

Out of frustration, I made a make-or-break edit, moving the vocal from the middle 8 into a verse. I so cannot tell if that makes any sense from any point of view, so it’s up to you to tell me if it sucks. It's likely too angsty and Muse-like delivery to fit with the verse.

.mp3    28 - Triviul - Gimme (Deliza).mp3 --  (Download: 7.09 MB)

Proficiently executed Deliza.

Can't say I noticed anything adverse with the vocal shift. I'm not familiar with these multis, but your arrangement works for me.Big Grin Really like the maintained focus with the main vocal throughout, with all those satellite BGV orbiting around one could easily be distracted. I feel this is important. Overall tastefully completed with control and clarity. Well Done.

Happy New Year
Thanks, Dave! I'm fearing displaced vocal lyrics around 1:39 are impossible to understand with this edit, so I can imagine a reasonably upset artist giving me the no-no.