Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arise - 'Run Run Run'
another difficult song to mix for me, but I think I've managed to make it sound ok.

What do you think?

Thanks for passing by!

.mp3    Arise - Run, Run, Run.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Sounds like a nice balanced mix !
I have not tried this style yet sounds like a good job ,maybe remove the bottom end off the vocal below 200hz to give the bass guitar some room .

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi, Don! yes, it's been a great idea to remove those frequencies. I can hear a huge difference now!

I don't like Reggae music much, but I decided to go for it just to challenge myself.

mixing since April 2013
Hi Juan. Music sounds really good ! Suggest you also cut the 2nd voice, its bigger than the lead as is (listnin 2nd version) Maybe cut lead a tad less and 2nd vocal like you cut lead ? Really good verb effect you got - I like the music. Great job !

Crash sound a bit harsh, at least one at 3.14
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
changes made! I hope it's better now! Blush

mixing since April 2013
Much better ! Not much more for the soundengineer to do here :-) Now what calls attention is the fact that the vocals, especially 2nd vocal isnt the best performance. Compin and echo, to stretch his notes, is a solution I would try. The style, whatever little I know of it, has no tradition of bein afraid of echo, rather the opposite ...
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Sounds much better !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Way too much high end
There are 2 kinds o people here.
The ones that comment on posts.
The ones that dont.

Those from the first group can again be divided into 2 groups:
those who write a book.
those who write a sentence or a word.

(23-09-2013, 02:32 AM)takka360 Wrote: Way too much high end

I wonder what you mean by that, as I dont hear too much topend from the music you could be referrin to the voice and the rather compressed hi mid things happenin between phrases. Then again your preferences for topend may be difrent than mine :-)
Only you can explain it Big Grin
Now the lead vocal and the bg vocals are no longer singing next to each other! I've sent the bg vocals back to where they belong Big Grin

...a little bit of reverb and a couple of db down, made the trick! Big Grin

mixing since April 2013