Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
CE Mix - I'm Alright
Sure up to try anything, you only ever advance by trying different things.
I just had another quick listen to it again, and I can see what you are getting at. I might do:

1. Mix without rev on bass, percussion and harm vox
2. Mix without rev on bass and harm vox
3. Mix without rev on bass and all vox

I thought the vocal were pretty high in the mix? This could be the difference between what we are listening on, different monitors (and rooms) will sound different. What may sound terrific in my studio-of-sorts may not sound so good in someone else's and vice-versa. Which is why it is good to have a forum such as this, to get other peoples thoughts and ideas. Not all of us have (or can afford) high-end studio's - but most of us would probably love to have it Smile

Ear Fatigue: Yep understand that completely, letting the audio receptors reset. It was purely my fault, working on a mix that was giving me some grief. Ended up re-mixing the whole thing on headphones first, then moved to the monitors to finish off (still not finished!) but made the mistake of listening to loud for to long, due to my current setup I am pretty close to the monitors, hope to fix this in the future and move back a few more feet.

On this subject, what do you use as a DAW? Currently I am using Audition. I don't do any commercial work, with the exception of the odd solo artist once in a blue moon, quite simply my setup is more aimed at post-production (read: post-recording), than actually recording. Just do not have the room for recording of anything more than a solo or duo. I am seriously thinking of moving to Pro Tools, but it is a big chunk of money for something which is for all intents a hobby and non-paying. Adobe still have not got on top of the issue with it crashing on a regular basis.

Thanks for the input, appreciate it.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60

Messages In This Thread
CE Mix - I'm Alright - by Cranky Emu - 31-12-2018, 03:56 AM
RE: CE Mix - I'm Alright - by Dangerous - 31-12-2018, 11:30 AM
RE: CE Mix - I'm Alright - by Cranky Emu - 31-12-2018, 04:28 PM
RE: CE Mix - I'm Alright - by Dangerous - 31-12-2018, 10:55 PM
RE: CE Mix - I'm Alright - by Cranky Emu - 01-01-2019, 03:32 AM
RE: CE Mix - I'm Alright - by Cranky Emu - 01-01-2019, 06:30 AM