Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adam Buckley - Drag me down - Mix by SMY
This mix is the first experience I have with this musical genre. I have tried to be honest with my musical ear. I hope you enjoy it. Your opinions will be well received. Thank you.

.mp3    Adam Buckley - Drag me down - mix by SMY.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

Mix overall has a good feel to it here are A few thoughts thou. The snare feels like the release on the compressor has to slow a release on it. I think you knew somebody would mention the lead vocal missing in the choruses what was your reasoning for removing it?Nice job on getting the level you did without it feeling over compressed and limited. What did you do?I think the heavier GT could of came up a touch just to help where the kic and bass are setting. Nice job hope this helps!
Jerze
I like your mix, nice and clean.
Don't be afraid to pull things out of the mix, just because the tracks are there (in the original batch) doesn't mean you have to use them.

There is a lot happening in this song, personally I think it gets a bit messy at times, that's just my thought anyway.
I took both the bass od and fuzz out on my prelim mix - and they will stay out, they are just plain nasty.

Well done, good effort!
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
*There is a distortion sound in the mix. Not sure where it's coming from..
*the right side guitar has a nasty fuzzy sound in it.
*Kick and snare sound good.. though that snare reverb is a lil too weird for my taste.
*that beat in the break down has some loud elements on that are too loud overall.
*the right side cymbals are clipping.. not sure if it's an fx you used.

The balances overall is not really bad but definitely needs improvement.
Hope this helps.
I am enormously grateful for your opinions, I have the idea of learning and in your thoughts about my mix I have enough material to keep growing.

All the processes that I have implemented in the mix respond to my personal taste. Logically I can not agree with all your opinions, however I take them seriously into account.

Thank you very much to all.
What is the rev on the snare, actually I kinda like it personally, I think it suits it.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
The reverb of the snare is made with wave Manny M reverb.