Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf - Come Around Mix
Had a bit of a challenge on this one. Lots of automation on the vocals and guitars. Drums were a pain. Hope you like this mix. Please leave me feedback.

.mp3    Leaf - Come Around.mp3 --  (Download: 9.45 MB)

This track sounds like it takes a lot o decisions and as you mention you have spent a lot o time on the drums, its easy to forget to focus on the obvious: the first lead vocal is hardly understandable at low volume, and I would suggest turnin that up like 0.5 dB. The drums sound ok to me, as does the bass and guitars, i think the last bakcground or choir vocals could do with both thinning (eq) and a little (more) compression.
All in all its a mix I would nearly be proud of, and I think I would let it rest for a day or 2, and make the small adjustments that come to mind when hearing it again with fresh ears !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
FWIW you made me so intersted in the song that I have downloaded it and are gonna give it a try. Thank you Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Very nice use of the stereo field. I agree that the Lead Vocal could come up a tad and also I might add a touch more reverb to the drums. Nice job Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(19-09-2013, 02:42 PM)Voelund Wrote: This track sounds like it takes a lot o decisions and as you mention you have spent a lot o time on the drums, its easy to forget to focus on the obvious: the first lead vocal is hardly understandable at low volume, and I would suggest turnin that up like 0.5 dB. The drums sound ok to me, as does the bass and guitars, i think the last bakcground or choir vocals could do with both thinning (eq) and a little (more) compression.
All in all its a mix I would nearly be proud of, and I think I would let it rest for a day or 2, and make the small adjustments that come to mind when hearing it again with fresh ears !

Thank you for your input. I will remix and make some adjustments that u suggest. Thanks again
(19-09-2013, 05:30 PM)bmullen Wrote: Very nice use of the stereo field. I agree that the Lead Vocal could come up a tad and also I might add a touch more reverb to the drums. Nice job Smile

Thank you for your comment and suggestions. I will work them into the remix.
sounds great to me