Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mix Hungarian Dance
I listened to this artist's other recordings so I could have a mixing reference and make it sound as close to their other songs as possible. I EQ'd the guitar and sax, panned them a little, and put some reverb on them as well.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's 'sounds terrible' or 'sounds good'

.mp3    hungarian dance.mp3 --  (Download: 3.92 MB)

Sounds nice! Very natural sounding with just a right amount of ambience. Well Done. An enjoyable listen.
Well done! Reverberation is natural, flattering, and transparent without sacrificing the transients and harmonic depth in both guitar and saxophone.

I hear a good deal of buzzing in the guitar part. Some is to be expected, but maybe if you focused more on the microphoned guitar part, you can get rid of some of that buzzing which is so prevalent in the direct input signal.

Right on!
Just as I finished writing my response, I got to the end of the recording which sounds abrupt. Let the reverberation finish first. You may need to extend the natural length of the recording to let the sound completely finish.