Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
All the Same
This is a fun song to mix. Definitely has some challenges but overall a cool song- I tried to give it some heaviness. Not sure how the vocals will sit if mastered.
Id like to hear the version the artist released. Open for comments

.mp3    All the Same .mp3 --  (Download: 9.09 MB)

(29-12-2018, 04:47 AM)lowtiderider Wrote: This is a fun song to mix. Definitely has some challenges but overall a cool song- I tried to give it some heaviness. Not sure how the vocals will sit if mastered.

Hello!
Here's official release iTunes link
In my opinion in the discussion zone posted a lot of better-mixed tracks, then the official.
Your mix is well done too.
have a good day
Merry Christmas and happy new year if you celebrating!
(31-12-2018, 03:05 PM)martess Wrote:
(29-12-2018, 04:47 AM)lowtiderider Wrote: This is a fun song to mix. Definitely has some challenges but overall a cool song- I tried to give it some heaviness. Not sure how the vocals will sit if mastered.

Hello!
In my opinion in the discussion zone posted a lot of better-mixed tracks, then the official.
have a good day
Thank you for the link. Are you in this band? Happy new year to you too!
(31-12-2018, 03:56 PM)lowtiderider Wrote:
(31-12-2018, 03:05 PM)martess Wrote:

Hello!
have a good day
Thank you for the link. Are you in this band? Happy new year to you too!
You’re welcome)
HahaSmile No, i’m not in this band, just love music
Thank you
I like it, like what you have done with it. Songs with continuous trashing guitars can be a challenge as they sometimes don't leave much room for anything else. As for mastering, it really is going to depend on how and what you use to master. In all reality most small studios are just not setup for proper mastering. Go into any dedicated mastering studio and you will see what I mean, it is a totally different ballgame.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
(31-12-2018, 06:30 PM)Cranky Emu Wrote: I like it, like what you have done with it. Songs with continuous trashing guitars can be a challenge as they sometimes don't leave much room for anything else. As for mastering, it really is going to depend on how and what you use to master. In all reality most small studios are just not setup for proper mastering. Go into any dedicated mastering studio and you will see what I mean, it is a totally different ballgame.

As a rule of thumb I dont master a mix I have done. With that said, there are RARE occasions where a budget will dictate I do. Mastering has its own skillset and in my opinion ahould not be done in the same room the mix was mixed. I appeciate you listening to my mix and comments. If mastering is your thing, I can send you the wav of the mix.
Great variation and sonics. I like the way you have turned this one around a bit. The mix translates well my end. I would like to hear more of a lift as the song moves into the chorus parts, it's a little anti climatic as it is. Great mix regardless. Well Done.
(01-01-2019, 01:48 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Great variation and sonics. I like the way you have turned this one around a bit. The mix translates well my end. I would like to hear more of a lift as the song moves into the chorus parts, it's a little anti climatic as it is. Great mix regardless. Well Done.

Thank you for the review and comments. Happy Mee year!