Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guerra Alla Frontiera - Mixed by Nick
I'm an audio student with ~2 years of experience looking to improve further on cambridge.

I spent about 1-2 hours on this mix. All I had when I worked on it was headphones and laptop speakers.

I did not like the guitar tone at all in this mix. I had to stick with it since there were no DIs.

The kick and snare were sample replaced.

Bass was given high-end distortion for more pick attack.

Vocals were tough. There were many tracks and I just tried to pan them all out and compress each one a bit to level things out. Added some reverb to make it sound a tad smoother.

Be sure to tell me your thoughts!

EDIT: I've done a couple tweaks to things that were bothering me. Check out the new mix!

.mp3    Cunegonda_GuerraAllaFronteria MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 7.1 MB)

.mp3    Cunegonda_GuerraAllaFronteria r1 final.mp3 --  (Download: 7.1 MB)

hi! sounds good! the room/verb on snare feels a bit off. levels and overall tone sound nice. some inaccuracies with the samples, but thats just a matter of tweaking/work. maybe you could go with a bit more weighty drum samples? they now kind of fast heavy metal snappy, but if thats what you like then stick with them. keep up the good work. great mixing. ^_^
Thanks! I usually tend to go for heavier drums, but I noticed that I may not have tweaked them correctly. I'll be sure to take a closer listen when I'm building my samples in the future. Smile