Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better' My mix
This is my version of You Know Better. It's a wonderful song that I've really enjoyed mixing in Sonar Platinum. I await your opinions. Thank you.
This is my final version to participate in the 3 in 1 contest. Thank you your opinions will be well received.

.mp3    YouKnowBetter2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.42 MB)

I like most of what you've done here. The drums are very different than any other mix with a good M-S quality to them and a great environment. The percussion is also unique and nicely presented. The balance of parts is generally very good. My only concern is that it sounds a bit carved and lacking some of the warmth the song and lyric calls for. Still, a good and unique take on this.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(27-12-2018, 01:21 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I like most of what you've done here. The drums are very different than any other mix with a good M-S quality to them and a great environment. The percussion is also unique and nicely presented. The balance of parts is generally very good. My only concern is that it sounds a bit carved and lacking some of the warmth the song and lyric calls for. Still, a good and unique take on this.
I appreciate your comment. It's the first time I mix music from other authors. As for the warmth that the song requires, I agree with you. I guess I will learn to capture the sensitivity of other artists with practice and time. Thank you.