Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better -Post MS Review and Competition Final
Hi Mixinthecloud,

Bass: a bit too loud in the start, but it seems like it sits better in the mix after a while. Perhaps some balancing in the start would be wise.

Kick: Seems like it's masked by the bass. Have you tried to side-chain it to the bass, so it can poke through better, perhaps some 8 kHz too?

Vocal: Your vocal is natural sounding, perhaps you could highpass it slightly to get rid of the proximity effect here and there? Some de-essing would also lift the quality.
However I really like that it's easy to pick out the lyrics in your mix. Good job! That's something I have to work more with my own mix.

Whisling: 2-2.5 dB down probably would suit your mix, it's a little too loud when it enters I think, some rebalancing would probably make it sit better in the mix.

My main feedback is about depth: Everything is very upfront. Could you let a few things get the front stage, some in the middle and some in the back? I think that probably would open up your mix and let it breathe better.

Is there some distortion @ 2:42, the sound in your mix seems a little distorted/clipped, or perhaps the hihat is a little harsh sounding here?

Thanks for sharing your mix!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by LukasL - 26-12-2018, 09:11 PM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by thedon - 30-12-2018, 10:29 AM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by Monk - 04-01-2019, 01:55 PM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better -Updated - by dagovitsj - 14-01-2019, 08:56 PM