Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better -Post MS Review and Competition Final
(07-01-2019, 12:56 PM)thedon Wrote: Second version Sounds great on my monitors , As Ricardo has mentioned the percussion and also the upbeat of the guitar are popping out in the context of the mix compared with the kick beater ,snare crack .
Cheers

I tried to lay the rhythm guitar back but still maintain it as the primary groove element with the drums dynamically supporting it. The kit is much more dynamic. There is no real 'crack' of the snare. It reminds me a lot of a big fat Bill Szymczek (sic)/Eagles style snare and the kick is also laid back to work entirely with the bass guitar, which to me is the real anchor for this song. As for the percussion, please see my response to Ricardo's question.

I'm not sure if these approaches are right or wrong, but it seemed to be generated organically. I had to decide what this song was according to the lyric and the feel and putting the drums up front like it was a rock ballad was just wrong for me. This song, in my opinion, needed space to breathe and to support the vocals which were primary.

Thanks for the listen and your thoughts.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by LukasL - 26-12-2018, 09:11 PM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by thedon - 30-12-2018, 10:29 AM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by Monk - 04-01-2019, 01:55 PM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better -Updated - by Mixinthecloud - 07-01-2019, 01:46 PM