Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm all right please critique
What do you think?

.mp3    Im all right mp3 2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.08 MB)

It's drowning in verb. A song this clean and punchy does not need much verb. Dry it out and it will make a big difference.
(28-12-2018, 08:18 PM)jayoverhol Wrote: It's drowning in verb. A song this clean and punchy does not need much verb. Dry it out and it will make a big difference.
Hey thank you for your answer! Yes I know reverb may be not so necessary in this mix. I chose to add so much of it because my reference song had it but I may do another mix without it.
I tend to disagree in respect to the reverb.

Only thing that sticks out at me is the snare is down in mud. The reverb on the guitars is not bad, just to high in the mix.
Can you automate it and drop the level a bit during the solos, as they tend to take-over the whole mix and destroy the good work you have done.
► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
(31-12-2018, 02:19 AM)79 Music Studio Wrote: "I chose to add so much of it because my reference song had it but I may do another mix without it."

One thing I intentionally do is not listen to reference mixes or anyone else's mix of a song before I mix it. You can sometimes tend to try and emulate the reference mix. After you have done your mix and you're happy with your mix / your version then go ahead and listen to reference mixes, but don't go back and change your mix to suit the reference - develop your own style of mixing, don't emulate it.

► C. Emu ◄
The Box of goodies...
♪ DAW: Reaper / Ocenaudio ♫ Audio Interface: Focusrite 2i2
♯ Monitors: Alesis Elevate 6 / Focusrite Scarlett HP-60
(31-12-2018, 07:22 AM)Cranky Emu Wrote:
(31-12-2018, 02:19 AM)79 Music Studio Wrote: "I chose to add so much of it because my reference song had it but I may do another mix without it."

One thing I intentionally do is not listen to reference mixes or anyone else's mix of a song before I mix it. You can sometimes tend to try and emulate the reference mix. After you have done your mix and you're happy with your mix / your version then go ahead and listen to reference mixes, but don't go back and change your mix to suit the reference - develop your own style of mixing, don't emulate it.

Good advice!