Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better'
About The Balance "You Know Better" Big Grin

Critiques And Comments are WELCOME . Cool

Thank You,
Vibhu Pranat Dixit.

.mp3    You Know Better Fab Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

.mp3    You Know Better Ver Bounced.mp3 --  (Download: 8.47 MB)

Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
Drums sound a little forced at times. I like the arrangement changes. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey vibhu,

I feel like you are almost there. The frequency balance and space are very nice. The arrangment changes in the end work well. I might try introducing the bass first and then bring the drums back in, just an idea.

Vocals also have good tone, just some 2k which is a bit much.
Claps in the end are nice, though missing a bit of smack for me. Hammond is a bit loud at times.
The biggest problem for me is dynamics. The master bus compressor or limiter seems to be working to much. You can clearly hear the music becoming louder after the vocal phrase after 1:26. (pumping) Relaxing the loudness treatment would help letting everything breathe.

Cheers,
LukasAngel
Good job. I like the treatment you have given the main voice. The only thing that I can comment on as a constructive criticism is that it seems to me that the stereo field of the drum is too closed for me. Anyway, good mix, I enjoyed listening to it. Congratulations.
Again, your arrangement choices are excellent and well thought out. The sounds is round and full throughout the song. My only objection would be too much compression on the master. I am hearing it rebound in places which is distracting. Back off of that and stop trying to win the volume wars and this is a winner.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi Vibhu ,
Nice mix Listening on Iloud monitors and Hd600's at the moment ,I'm hearing the snare bottom and Claps sound about 3-4 dB upfront around 5-7.2k
the Bass and Kick maybe competing for Space around the 60-80 hz area
In the Chorus The Vocals ,Organ ,Kick and Bass maybe competing for Space around 100- 200ha area !
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

The Sologuitar is too quiet. And it is a Reggae groove. The Bassguitar can be a little more. My opinion
Regards