Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3-in-1 Mix Contest -- with Mixerman!
It's competition time again! Smile

It's been a couple of years since my first big Cambridge-MT Patrons Mix Contest, so I figured I'd organise a new one, this time based around Hannes Keseberg's 'You Know Better'. All entrants will have the opportunity to receive direct mix critique from me, and there's more than $700-worth of prizes up for grabs. However what I'm super-excited about this time round is that none other than Eric Sarafin (aka Mixerman) will also be getting involved with the judging and feedback process! Full details about the contest can be found at the link below:

Cambridge-MT Patrons 3-in-1 Mixing Contest -- With Mixerman!

OK - I've now downloaded all the Patron mixes (I think!), which comes to around 40 different versions. Just from a preliminary scan through, there's lots of variations between visions, so I think this'll be a lot of fun!

For the sake of clarity in the critiques, here's a list of the sections of the song as I see them, referenced according to timings in the library preview mix:
  • 0:00 -- Intro
  • 0:10 -- Verse 1
  • 0:41 -- Verse 2
  • 1:12 -- Chorus 1
  • 1:33 -- Reintro
  • 1:43 -- Verse 3
  • 2:14 -- Chorus 2
  • 2:34 -- Mid-section
  • 2:44 -- Chorus 3
  • 3:11 -- Outro
Just a quick update on the critiques: I've now just over half way through all the mixes that made the critique deadline, and have posted all those I've done so far. I'll be getting back into it on Monday, and hope to finish off the remainder before the end of that week.
Phew! Looks like that's all my contest mix critiques finished, as far as I can tell. If you're a Patron who was expecting a contest critique from me and you can't find it in your mix thread, then do ping me a PM and I'll try to sort it out for you as soon as possible.

Judging by what I've heard so far, it's going to be a close-fought race! Smile
Hello again,

Just a quick update, now that the submission deadline has passed I've rounded up all the Patron mix submissions for the 3-in-1 Mix Contest -- 55 mixes in total! Here's a screenshot of all the filenames, which I've also prefixed with the respective contestant's Discussion Zone username, so you can easily find yours.

[Image: 2019_02_PatronPost_MixContestSubmissions.jpg]

Please do check that your contest submission is in this list -- and that it's the correct mix version! Smile I'd hate to miss anyone out or accidentally misrepresent their efforts.

Incidentally, I've noticed quite a few of you posting your mixes as 'contest entries', but without being Cambridge-MT Patrons. Of course, you're more than welcome to get involved in the general feedback-fest in this subforum in general (that's the point of the Discussion Zone, after all!), but the official 3-in-1 Mix Contest With Mixerman and its prizes are available exclusively to the Cambridge-MT Patrons, as one way of thanking them for financially supporting the Cambridge-MT site resources. If you'd not been aware of this, and would like to become a Patron yourself within the next couple of days in order to become eligible for the contest adjudication, then I could probably still include your mix in the contest if you PM me directly to let me know which mix is yours. I just didn't want anyone to miss out on the contest inadvertently.

Best of luck to all involved!

Mike S.