Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#27 Just Don't Talk – Happy Sad Mix
Beautiful voice, I’m a sucker for Nick Drake and Tim Buckley so I made this with gusto. I had trouble with the “oooh” BGV’s to the point I just didn’t know what to do with them and they had to go, shame on me (I’m not usually this lazy).

Some loose playing now and then, easily managed with a little editing (simple cut and move stuff). Eager to know your opinions, as always.

¡Eso es todo amigos! See you next year, happy holidays for everyone

.mp3    27 - Timo And The Timezone - Just Don\'t Talk (Deliza).mp3 --  (Download: 7.97 MB)

That Rhodes one the left sounds so perfect

In total, I'd just clean up the low-end/low-mids a bit, tighten em up a bit, even the mix out and it's perfect. Dig the intimate vocal though

Well done
I`m all for monoing keyboards unless there`s a good reason not to, indeed. I thought of that part as a vibraphone, just like some Tim Buckley`s albums had thou it is more likely to be an EP.

Lowend is such a uncertain ground, waiting for some genius coder to come up with a JUST MAKE IT SOUND GOOD plugin!

Thanks!
Very enjoyable as always Deliza. Panning works really well and suits the arrangement perfectly. It allows those intimate musical parts to have their place and shine nicely. Bottom end is a little full in the headphones as previously mentioned but other than it was maravilloso. I didn't miss the ooohs.
Gracias, Dave!
Nice to hear this mix, Deliza. Thanks for the compliment!