Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
You Know Better - Hannes Keseberg(FINAL MIX)
Hello everyone.

I finished my very first take on it. I usually work with
the sound already in the recorded tracks. I notice a few mixes after i did mine and they sound very far from the original tone of the song. Oh well
I did what I did and I think it sounds good.

Hard to have a solid stereo track with just one Rhythm guitar. Rest of the tracks are different mics and not good for panning. So I went with a solid fat mono sound in the mix. I hope you guys don't find it too MONO and at least there is some excitement in the mix.
Lead guitars still need some work but are good enough for now.

Will work more on it later, in the mean time
I'd like to know what you guys think. Thank you.

-------------------UPDATE
Based on comments my mix was not really that bad so I just polished everything more and took some tweaks from some of you. I liked Thedon main vox eq so i copy some of that Big Grin
Hope you guys liked this more detailed mix. worked on automation, fixed inconsistencies of the delays and worked the reverb a lil better.
I personally should have muted the STOP in the song to keep that reverb tail from being exposed but in the end I liked it.
anyways thanks for the comments. Any other things to point out in here are welcomed. Thanks guys!!

.mp3    YouKnowShulMix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.45 MB)

.mp3    YouKnowShulFINAL1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.47 MB)

Hey Shul
Sounds good to me, doesn't really have a mono feel to me, you spread some fx's out nicely and used some of the other instruments and claps etc.
Cool mix
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
It feels pretty good. No complaints. I'm not 100% sure of the bass. I like the sound of it but it feels a little too fat but I can't be sure on these earbuds. Is there an effect on it like a slight chorus or something? The song can handle it though it fits the genre. I'm really just nit picking.

It doesn't feel too mono to me either. I do like the contrast in the choruses and bridge where there's more happening in the stereo image and the song widens up for those sections.
(12-12-2018, 09:02 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Shul
Sounds good to me, doesn't really have a mono feel to me, you spread some fx's out nicely and used some of the other instruments and claps etc.
Cool mix
Cheers
KSmile

Thanks. Good to know I'm heading in the right direction.
(12-12-2018, 10:21 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It feels pretty good. No complaints. I'm not 100% sure of the bass. I like the sound of it but it feels a little too fat but I can't be sure on these earbuds. Is there an effect on it like a slight chorus or something? The song can handle it though it fits the genre. I'm really just nit picking.

It doesn't feel too mono to me either. I do like the contrast in the choruses and bridge where there's more happening in the stereo image and the song widens up for those sections.

Yes sir I wanted a fat bass.. since it's part of the grove of the song. It's the molody that's quite active in melody changes so I wanted a nice fat bottom. I used a stereo spreader.. if explained better it's two signals hard panned left and right but with a really really tiny tiny delay on one side.. it's a stock logic pro plugin though.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep working on it to get to a final mix soon.
Posted what would be my final mix of this cool song. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Hey Shul ,
I like your Mix a lot just a couple of minor things like the timbale could cut through a touch more maybe just the top end .
The organ can hear a little too much bottom end below 200 -300, maybe roll off below 200 and a slight boost around 3k to cut through a touch more mostly personal preference with the organ being a keyboard player !
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi Shul
Final mix sounds nice well done.
Reaper user
Hey thanks guys on the input. I appreciate it.
Don I know what you mean on those timbales I was scared to turn them up more because the tempo or the time signature is a bit weird so I played it safe ND just left it subtle.
I don't have a good reference on low end so maybe I over did it on the organ.

Thanks for taking the time to listen guys.
Hey Shul

Final mix sounds really good, organ sits and sounds good to me in the headphones.
Great Job!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.