Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okk here is the living in the city ;)
well my version of this funny song!

.mp3    LIVING IN THE CITY_MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.08 MB)

Everything seems pretty fine, but that buf fat ass kick! It's too muddy and booming, going against the pule of the tune, slowing it down. Bass sounds fine, but it could use some more midrange presence and that kick is like a veil over it. 15 minutes working on that kickdrum would make this tenfold better, just restrain that boom. Could it be a monitoring issue, something in your room?

Beside that, everything is just a matter of taste. Organ is just too much for me while vocals could use some more bite, but each of those sounds good. And the drums (minus that kick) sound pretty good, too!
(11-12-2018, 12:40 PM)Deliza Wrote: Everything seems pretty fine, but that buf fat ass kick! It's too muddy and booming, going against the pule of the tune, slowing it down. Bass sounds fine, but it could use some more midrange presence and that kick is like a veil over it. 15 minutes working on that kickdrum would make this tenfold better, just restrain that boom. Could it be a monitoring issue, something in your room?

Beside that, everything is just a matter of taste. Organ is just too much for me while vocals could use some more bite, but each of those sounds good. And the drums (minus that kick) sound pretty good, too!

hey! thanks for your words,yes i know with the kick i have some problems to heard it and cut the cymbals that are too much in the recorded track,to make any sense of "music" in the song. and yes,my monitors are dead a few weeks ago and i was mixing in a cheap home speakers. well i mixing it again now.

again thanks for your words!!
Well here is the "cleanest" version haha Smile

.mp3    LIVING IN THE CITY_MIX_2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.87 MB)