Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I am Ale Lak (here is my last mix of my music just to share with you)
Hey guys...
I've been listening all the mixes and I am very happy to see different people working in my project...it opens my mind and make pay attention in different techniques and interpretation of the project.
I am sharing with you the last mix I have time to adjust somethings, but not to be a reference or something like that....is just to be part of the topic, as myself the artist who allow this steams to you, and, I wan't to thank Mike Senior for the opportunity to share my home made production.

Well, as we are in the same boat, I just want to make some general considerations about some mixes I heard.
I noted the same probleam in many mixes...and part of this is because I used 2 elements which must be treated with care...the kick and the bass!
The kick has a long tail which makes it sound fat, if you don't apply a transient shaper to cut off the ressonation or even a gate or a expander...it will sound bigger, and in this kind of music style, kick must me short because it repeats in the compass lot of times, so if you don't care about it, the mix will sounds messy in the lower frequencies. And, the bass doesn't help in this situation because is a fat bass which have some frequencies peaking around 60 - 80 hz.... so, if you not take this in mind, probably your final mix will sound lower...because the low frequencies are filling much the sub frequencies and you won't have a good headroom to master this mix without use a multi band compressor, what probably will result in a flatten result without dynamics. My tip for this is tra to make kick have a fast release, and try to make the bass sound proportional, for this there is a lot of techiques...like side chain compress, or just cut the fundamental frequency of the bass in the kick or do the same for the bass...what ever.... hardcore, or better, Pop Punk have all bass stuff playing fast, so you can't leave any release remaining till the last transiente, it will cause a mess in your lower frequencies, and when you will master it....probably or you will need to over compress the lowers or you will have a fat master but with low level.
Well...just my opinion...as I aways says, in this world of audio and music production, there's no receipt! Thanks for everyone who are working in my music. I hope I can select the best to release (if the best allowes me).
Regads

.mp3    ALE LAK - NOSSO MUNDO DEIXOU DE EXISTIR (MASTER).mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

Good to hear your input Ale. currently downloading the tracks to work on it. Looking forward to hear your input on it. Thanks for providing the Stems for us!!
(09-12-2018, 07:01 AM)Shul Wrote: Good to hear your input Ale. currently downloading the tracks to work on it. Looking forward to hear your input on it. Thanks for providing the Stems for us!!

I am! wish you a good mixa, and please, tell me wgen it ready!