Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel 13 - Colour me red [OoF]
Hi all,

This is my 1st attempt for this song. It was so fun to mix and listen to, right from the beginning. Great recording, loved it!

I wanted to give it plenty of vibe and character, so the room of the drums is a little bit on steroids.
The guitars are quite aggressive as well. I kept the main electric guitar low to get along with the voice and the rest of the stuff in the middle. There's plenty of distortion on the acoustics, though very smooth.
The voice has some sort of slap delay and a little room to give it some character, and a tiny bit of chorus.
Nothing else special for the rest of the instruments.

I shamelessly ripped the idea for the intro from LukasL, and I regret nothing AngelAngel

Let me know what you think, I know there's stuff that needs fixing there, but my ears are used to it after a couple days.

Quote:[REVISION 1 NOTES]

In order to remove the muddiness I used Airwindows' Floor to clean the low end, then a mastering EQ and BassKit ro bring back the lows below 100Hz.

Cheers

.mp3    Diesel13_ColourMeRed_OoF_V1.2m_16dithtoMp3-001.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

.mp3    Diesel13_ColourMeRed_OoF_V1.2m_mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Hey Octo
Sounds good man. Listened on the monitors and something in the low end is a little boomy, cant tell if its the kick or the bottom end of the bass. Other than that it sounds awesome, nice job on the BG vocals, they cut through nice. Punchy drums!
Super Job
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks for the feedback Kirk!
It could be the bass. I'll check back in a couple days.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Added a revision with cleaner low end. Notes in the main post.

Comments, questions and notes are appreciated.

Cheers,

Octo.

Hey Octo
That did the trick, big difference in the low end. separated the bass and kick. Cleaner and Punchier low end!
Sounds great to me!! Your getting the hang of those airwindows plugins. I don't think I've tried BassKit, Ill have to check it out.
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.