Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurray For The Riff Raff: 'Living In The City'
(04-12-2018, 12:21 PM)Deliza Wrote: What the F with the spam?

Hi K, those delay touches after the solo for the guitars work nice! BGV's work great helping to carry the energy for the choruses, remarkable because of all the bleed they had. Keeping the hat under control is a good idea.

OH's sound cool and with a slightly not so loud snare it'd feel very Ringoish, I'd say. Kickdrum works great for the crescend part with that heartbeat feel, but I might be too boomy for the rest of the track, like it's slowing it down a little.

Vocal feels a little too damped, as if there's a veil over or she was a little constipated. It might be the slap delay being too dark and changing the tone too much, so it could use some LC.

I think I can hear (0:56, 1:37, 2:32) cymbals being cut, likely coming from gating the toms?

¡Buena suerte!

Hi Deliza
Thanks for checking it out and commenting.
ya got me on the tom edits, I got lazy, I need to go back in and cut and fade the toms cleaner and get rid of some excess snare and cymbal hits. I had a heck of a time with the vocal reverb, funny thing was my last move was to go darker with the verb.
Muchas gracias
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hurray For The Riff Raff: 'Living In The City' - by KMuzic - 04-12-2018, 04:20 PM