Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ale Lak: 'Nosso Mundo Deixou De Existir'
My Mix

Comments Welcome!!

Cheers

KSmile

Do over time! 04.mpg
So this time I used Green Days American Idiot as a reference for the guitar tones. Worked on the bass and Kick relationship. re-Eq'd the drums. Basically started from scratch. Master buss has Limiter and EQ.
Comments always Welcome!!
Cheers
KSmile

.mp3    Ale Lak-\'Nosso Mundo Deixou De Existir\'.mp3 --  (Download: 7.04 MB)

.mp3    Ale Lak-\'Nosso Mundo Deixou De Existir\'-04.mp3 --  (Download: 7.04 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
sounds good! maybe take bass down a bit? but the mix is very solid and powerful. great job! ^_^
(02-12-2018, 01:39 PM)kapu Wrote: sounds good! maybe take bass down a bit? but the mix is very solid and powerful. great job! ^_^

Hey Kapu

Sorry, I forgot to monitor this post and missed your comment.
Thanks man!!
Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey Kapu! cool mix but feels a bit slammed in the low end :S??
(05-12-2018, 09:32 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Kapu! cool mix but feels a bit slammed in the low end :S??

Hey crownoise

Thanks man, yeah a little bit too much bass slam on it

Cheers
KSmile
New Mix on board

Comments Welcome
Cheers
KSmile
(02-12-2018, 03:53 AM)KMuzic Wrote: My Mix

Comments Welcome!!

Cheers

KSmile

Do over time! 04.mpg
So this time I used Green Days American Idiot as a reference for the guitar tones. Worked on the bass and Kick relationship. re-Eq'd the drums. Basically started from scratch. Master buss has Limiter and EQ.
Cheers
KSmile

Hey Man! Really liked the second one! Sounds more balanced..the lower frequencies in this project are really a challenge to work on it. Almoust all the instruments has a leftover around 150 - 250 k, and they fight in this region, but some of then also has the fundamental on it.
I liked the eq you put on the guitars... you said about Green Day...thats funny because I also used some musics of Green Day to built the set up in Guitar Rig and Amplitube.
The only thing I could opinion is that I think you could explore more the stereo image, as all layers of guitar has almost the same tone sounds like everything is a mess of guitars...the same happens to me, but in my mix I took the base guitar and divided into 2, one plays the intro e the chorus, and other the pre chorus because the strum is dumped so is louder. The base guitar in chorus I panned L and R and insert a stereo spread plugin...the guitars sounds almoust behind you head when you listen...so it gives a space to the 2nd guitar riff on the chorus, and it also leaves space for the lows plays in the center. The problem I had in my first mixes was that in mix everything was sounding good, but when I tried to master, lows became a problem and the first thing people do trying to "hang" lows in their places is insert a multi-band compress....and almost people (as me) kill the kick when do it because the set off compressor must be syntonized with the high freq of the kick otherwise you loose the punch.
But I liked you mix, congratulations! Cheers and thanks to work on it! (Sorry for any english mistakes..I am brazilian)
(10-12-2018, 08:17 PM)alelak Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 03:53 AM)KMuzic Wrote: My Mix

Comments Welcome!!

Cheers

KSmile

Do over time! 04.mpg
Cheers
KSmile

Hey Man! Really liked the second one! Sounds more balanced..the lower frequencies in this project are really a challenge to work on it. Almoust all the instruments has a leftover around 150 - 250 k, and they fight in this region, but some of then also has the fundamental on it.
I liked the eq you put on the guitars... you said about Green Day...thats funny because I also used some musics of Green Day to built the set up in Guitar Rig and Amplitube.
The only thing I could opinion is that I think you could explore more the stereo image, as all layers of guitar has almost the same tone sounds like everything is a mess of guitars...the same happens to me, but in my mix I took the base guitar and divided into 2, one plays the intro e the chorus, and other the pre chorus because the strum is dumped so is louder. The base guitar in chorus I panned L and R and insert a stereo spread plugin...the guitars sounds almoust behind you head when you listen...so it gives a space to the 2nd guitar riff on the chorus, and it also leaves space for the lows plays in the center. The problem I had in my first mixes was that in mix everything was sounding good, but when I tried to master, lows became a problem and the first thing people do trying to "hang" lows in their places is insert a multi-band compress....and almost people (as me) kill the kick when do it because the set off compressor must be syntonized with the high freq of the kick otherwise you loose the punch.
But I liked you mix, congratulations! Cheers and thanks to work on it! (Sorry for any english mistakes..I am brazilian)

Hi Alelak
Thanks man, some good ideas to work on for the next version. Ill see if I can put something together.
Also thanks for letting us mix your tracks, I hope there will be more songs in the future.
Cheers
KSmile
definitely an improvement over the first one.
low end rumbling is no longer an issue here.
(11-12-2018, 02:42 AM)Shul Wrote: definitely an improvement over the first one.
low end rumbling is no longer an issue here.

Hey Shul
Thanks for having a listen, always appreciated!
Cheers
KSmile