Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better-Patreon Mix
Final Mix is up

Took some of the suggestions offered by Don and Roy, description is up top.

Comments welcome
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Cmix

I really like your edits to make it interesting!! kinda wanna copy that now lol but I won't Big Grin.. really like it. I think the eq is a lil foggy overall in the mix. Has a nice radio vibe to it but I think it's too much for my taste. but then eveybody taste is different.

I think my concern would be the guitar panning because you used same guitar with different mic sounds. In the ears it's a lil weird sounding. Some kind of refraction? or Diffraction? Not sure if you get me but it sounds like a phase problems with those rhythm guitars.

Balance is good though. Solid mix.
(12-12-2018, 06:12 PM)Shul Wrote: Cmix

I really like your edits to make it interesting!! kinda wanna copy that now lol but I won't Big Grin.. really like it. I think the eq is a lil foggy overall in the mix. Has a nice radio vibe to it but I think it's too much for my taste. but then eveybody taste is different.

I think my concern would be the guitar panning because you used same guitar with different mic sounds. In the ears it's a lil weird sounding. Some kind of refraction? or Diffraction? Not sure if you get me but it sounds like a phase problems with those rhythm guitars.

Balance is good though. Solid mix.

Hey Shul
Hey.. I stole the edit Ideas from the preview mix .. lolAngel
Ill have to check the guitar phase sounding issue out.
Thanks
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Kirk,
I did the same thing with the guitars as Shul explained apart from that its a nice and punchy mix so well done.
Reaper user
(14-12-2018, 05:40 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kirk,
I did the same thing with the guitars as Shul explained apart from that its a nice and punchy mix so well done.

Hey Cudjoe

Yeah, Shul was dead on point with that, I thought it was the little bit of delay and reverb I threw to the R side. but it was a couple of things, like Shul said one of my 3 mic'ed guitar tracks was panned differntly and also out of phase. Flipped the phase and brought it over 50% with the other 2.
Thanks so much guys bringing that to my attention, very much appreciated.

Final Final mix is upTongue

Cheers
K
hi! indeed its usually not good idea to pan multiple close mics of amps. mix d sounds very good. great mixing. ^_^
(15-12-2018, 06:52 AM)kapu Wrote: hi! indeed its usually not good idea to pan multiple close mics of amps. mix d sounds very good. great mixing. ^_^

Thanks Kapu
Yeah, another lesson learnedTongue
Cheers
KSmile
Great Job With Mix D
Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(16-12-2018, 03:28 AM)thedon Wrote: Great Job With Mix D
Cheers

Thanks Don, always appreciated
Cheers
KSmile
Patreons Mix! on board

Comments Welcome

Cheers

KSmile