Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
North Is False MIX
01-12-2018, 05:01 PM
North Is False MIX
Good day to all.
I suggest you to listen to my mix with this wonderful composition. Waiting for comments.

.mp3   Speak Softly - North Is False Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.2 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2018, 05:04 PM
RE: North Is False MIX
Hi Denis, very atmospheric and warm mix, the combo EP-Vocal is great, with the right weight and space! The EP is under control, but still feels key to the song and the vocal has a lovely sense of gravitas.

I'd be nice to ride up the two first vocal lines from the second verse since they have less presence than the rest, but if the singer moved away too much from the mic there might be little to do about it. Actually, I couldn't do this in my mix so nevermind...

Only thing I'd say needs some more work is the main glitchy loop. It sits better when the arrangement gets thicker, but thru the cleaner moments it's a little too lofi and in-your-face. Feels a little disconnected from the tone you got of the EP-Vocal combo. Perhaps it could do with a little modulation proccesing, delay, etc...

But aside that nitpicking, this is a really dramatic and big sounding mix that improves the song, great job!
03-12-2018, 05:52 AM
RE: North Is False MIX
(02-12-2018 05:04 PM)Deliza Wrote:  Hi Denis, very atmospheric and warm mix, the combo EP-Vocal is great, with the right weight and space! The EP is under control, but still feels key to the song and the vocal has a lovely sense of gravitas.

I'd be nice to ride up the two first vocal lines from the second verse since they have less presence than the rest, but if the singer moved away too much from the mic there might be little to do about it. Actually, I couldn't do this in my mix so nevermind...

Only thing I'd say needs some more work is the main glitchy loop. It sits better when the arrangement gets thicker, but thru the cleaner moments it's a little too lofi and in-your-face. Feels a little disconnected from the tone you got of the EP-Vocal combo. Perhaps it could do with a little modulation proccesing, delay, etc...

But aside that nitpicking, this is a really dramatic and big sounding mix that improves the song, great job!

Deliza, thank you for your comment. I completely agree with you. Worked very long on the track, is tired of hearing.

Support my video work!
Advertisement: