Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
#16 Living In The City - Lou Reed reincarnated
Sounds pretty nice overall. Maybe a touch bright in some parts. I'd probably rebalance the snare mics but that's a preference thing. Main suggestion I could make is to do a bit more surgical eq on the cymbals to gain some clarity on them.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
(04-12-2018, 03:12 PM)kapu Wrote: maybe take bottom snare down.

(05-12-2018, 07:37 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: I'd probably rebalance the snare mics but that's a preference thing.

I did some replacement on the snare, so I guess it has more to do with the sample than the balance of the mics, cannot remember but it's likely I dropped one of them.

(05-12-2018, 07:37 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: Main suggestion I could make is to do a bit more surgical eq on the cymbals to gain some clarity on them.

The splash hits come from the hat mic (I just boosted it up when the drummer played the ride) but maybe it's the right side part that's bugging you? It was supposed to be a tambourine sample with spring reverb, but now I'm thinking it ain't possible I didn't use any OH, because there's clearly some gritty ride hitting on the right side?

Thanks anyway for the input!

Great mix. Lots of energy and character. I like the forward sound of the vocal and the grittiness of the bass. There's one moment around 1:40 during a fill/break (¨it's hard, hard, hard¨) when the tambourine sounds a bit stranded.
sounds good to me Deliza well done.
Reaper user
Sounds really good - I like what you did with the drums, and the panning choices all work well for me, despite being very different from what I'd have done.
(04-01-2019, 12:34 PM)laurieharrison Wrote: Sounds really good - I like what you did with the drums, and the panning choices all work well for me, despite being very different from what I'd have done.

Thanks! And please post that mix, your "You Are The One" mixes were great, hoping this to have some of that 70's touch gelling with this "you don't want to go to that hood" NY feel.
(04-01-2019, 01:03 PM)Deliza Wrote: your "You Are The One" mixes were great, hoping this to have some of that 70's touch gelling with this "you don't want to go to that hood" NY feel.

Wow! Thanks for remembering those - 4 years ago!