Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nova-One Studio - Four Graham [Mix and Master by AJ]
Hi Silvan,

Thanks for checking out my mix and your feedback!

I remember fully replacing the Kick & Snare on this track as I really wasn't excited by the original sounds - so for sure this is why they don't sound too real... they aren't! I also tend to lean for a more "pop" sounding production for this type of track, so larger than life for sure!

I can't agree more that they could be tucked in a bit though... that's something I've been working on with my more recent mixes.

The triggers I used were all standard in Trigger 2, I tend to blend two Kick's (I like K5 & K10) and two Snares (I love S13) to give me a really "full" sound.

With the vocals I tried to control the dynamics as much I could with clip gain before even getting to compression. I remember smacking as much -6dB of compression with RVox (super underrated) on this vocal and then also blending in some parallel compression to bring it right up front!

If you have any other questions or want me to go into more specifics let me know!

Alex

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nova-One Studio - Four Graham [Mix and Master by AJ] - by alexjeffriesproducer - 17-07-2019, 09:34 PM