Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red' (Critiques plz)
27-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red' (Critiques plz)
Hey guys,

this is my mix of this nice tune.

Overall pretty great recordings, only "interesting" thing is that the polarity of the OH's flips 3 or 4 times, due to some editing. Never seen that one before...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this mix and leave some feedback.

If you are interesed in anything in particular, just ask Smile

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3   Diesel13_ColourMeRed_v5.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

If I have reviewed your mix, I would be very happy to get a review myself.
Also if you want me to review your mix just PM me, I will gladly help!
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2018, 04:43 PM
RE: Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red' (Critiques plz)
Nice intro!

I like the shiny acoustic guitars on the sides. Probably the voice is a tad too clean. Also, the electric guitar coming from the middle could be a little thick, interfering with the bass and vocals. Could be loudness, and probably just automating it a couple db down when the voice comes up could work.

Nothing else, really good mix overall, very pleasing to listen to.

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

27-11-2018, 11:47 PM
Hey Lucas

Nice job, I mixed this a while back and never posted it because of the drums and the BG vocals, I just couldn't get them to sit right, so I trashed it. I didn't realize the overheads flipped polarity a few times. Maybe Ill give it another shot when I have time.
You did a really nice job on the drums, they sit really nice. Fill guitars sound and sit really nice also.
Enjoyable listen!!
Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
28-11-2018, 10:04 PM
Hi Lukas,

I think Octo's points are valid here. I reckon you could afford to cut some mids, low mids from the elect guitar to give some extra space here. I think some sort of drum lift through the choruses would be beneficial also. Either by thickening them up or by automation. Otherwise I like this mix a lot. Nice Work!

Dave

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: