Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Buckley "Drag Me Down" Mastered
This is my first mix in a while. I hope I've done the tune justice. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.78 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Hey man !

I like the way your drums and vocals sound, however your mix sound VERY disconnected and unbalanced. The vocals are SUPER loud, then the kick, while everything else, particularly the guitars are totally buried.
I think you should try balancing at super low volume and make sure you can ear everything.

Keep it up !
Cheers
Hey Dave
Good to see you back. I agree with what Florian said, vocals could come down some and a bit more balance. Tones all sound good to me, drums especially.
Good Job!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks for the input guys. I had an unexpected crisis that kept me away for about 3 weeks; no access to PCs to mix on, all I could do was listen to tunes on my iPhone. I'm getting back into the swing of things, slowly but surely.

I reworked this mix twice, in Logic and in Reaper. I like the latter (Reaper) mix better so I'll post it here.

.mp3    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_Reaper_Mix2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.7 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(19-11-2018, 03:09 PM)davemcg61 Wrote: Thanks for the input guys. I had an unexpected crisis that kept me away for about 3 weeks; no access to PCs to mix on, all I could do was listen to tunes on my iPhone. I'm getting back into the swing of things, slowly but surely.

I reworked this mix twice, in Logic and in Reaper. I like the latter (Reaper) mix better so I'll post it here.

Hey Dave
Now your cooking, you just needed to get your chops back, 100% better!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Your second mix sounds much balanced. Kick is still a bit too loud and distractive but definitely much balanced Smile
Now I have the feeling your mix sound very centered and lacks some stereo. Have you panned hard the guitars ?
Thanks again for the reviews, guys its much appreciated.

Mandubien, ElGtr1 is a stereo track and not panned but the remaining ElGtrs2 thru 5 are all hard panned. All acoustic guitars had been down the center, so I'm gonna move AcGtr2&3 to opposite sides. Also, the kick and snare are now exactly the same peal level.

.mp3    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_Reaper_Mix6_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.7 MB)

Peace,
Dave