Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue Me_mix by Tommy
AngelAngelAngel

Here's my take on this cool tune. Other mixes seem a bit brighter, however, after too many hours of mixing I tend to boost highs....this time I didn't and everything seems pretty well balanced. I wanted to make the drums sound pretty punchy....think I achieved that. Enjoy. Comments always welcomed.

Tom

.mp3    Rescue Me_6M.mp3 --  (Download: 9.84 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Maybe it's my ears but this sounds a bit honkey to me. The guitar and the vocals especially. Lots of masking going on as a result.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(04-04-2019, 11:36 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Maybe it's my ears but this sounds a bit honkey to me. The guitar and the vocals especially. Lots of masking going on as a result.

----------------
Thanks for your input, however I disagree. I was going for a quite heavy mix - more of a "rock" sound. That's why I added the distortion to the guitar, etc. Also, I purposely wanted that kick with a super low emphasis. It does not fight with the bass at all and I don't hear any masking problems otherwise. I listened to your mixes. Your mix 5 is nice and well mixed and balanced, but it is way too low. Did you "master" it? If so, it needs to be re-mastered and you have to get that volume up. Thanks again for your comments.

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek