Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Adam Buckley: Drag me down - Crownoise mix
Hi all! I did a quick mix of this super cool tune because i felt i was far from getting where i wanted with this one, i hear so much potential but really hard to get there, so i share this failed mix attempt and come back with another later when i have heard what is missing.

.mp3    drag me down.mp3 --  (Download: 7.66 MB)

.mp3    drag me down 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.66 MB)

Hey Crownoise
Really nice job for a quick mix. Im digging the dryer vocals. Drums and bass sound tight listening in the headphones. I think just put the shine on it.

Super Job!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(14-11-2018, 12:29 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Crownoise
Really nice job for a quick mix. Im digging the dryer vocals. Drums and bass sound tight listening in the headphones. I think just put the shine on it.

Super Job!!
Cheers
KSmile

Hey man thanks alot dude! Glad you liked it Smile Smile.
I think you need to work with dynamics. try not to squash the mix so much.. and also when you compress make sure you compensate with enough gain for the db's that are compressing.
Overall good balance.. I would love a lil more reverb on the voice though... I think you got frustrated with the eq. I realize this is actually a really good recording.. the less you do with it the better.. and also the drums are all good samples that are actually good with this song. try not to mess too much with the eq on things.

keep it up!
hey guys, i made a new mix and master, but its to smashed also hahah owell...