Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Cassettes: 'Believe' (Studio One)
Very good mix, JamesWoo. The vocal is super nice, albeit a little too much on the verb and a bit too loud relatively to the whole mix, imo. I hear a lot of lo-mid/mid in your mix making your mix a bit bong-y, coming especially from the bass and the kick. That makes your mix a little less enjoyable, at least to me, I am sorry to say. If you have to cut around that region (100Hz-250Hz seem reasonable, but tread carefully around the 100's for they are where most instruments' fundamentals live), I think you should cut from the bass instead of the kick. (There is a good reason behind it). I'd take a look at the verb too since it can be a contributor to the mud. (I usually HP the verb all the way up to, lord have mercy, 6-700Hz). The verb on the snare is quite nice but too long for a certain parts (maybe take a look at the decay time and automate?). The toms are also loaded with lo-mid. From 2:00-on I dont hear any gtrs on that drop. They set the part up. They are the power that bring the song to its climax. Good lord, I hate that word. It reminds me of my sweet sweet time with my now... ex-girlfriend. Sigh. but I digress. I think you should bring them faders all the way up to 11 bro. Let it rock! Smile.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Am Cassettes: 'Believe' (Studio One) - by SonicTramp - 15-11-2018, 11:57 AM