Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admiral Crumple - Keeps Flowing - Mix by Conehat
[There's a newer revised version below]

This is my first multitrack mix ever, finished yesterday. While listening to it today I noticed that I forgot to unmute the scream Smile

Other than that I dropped the two "side" vocal tracks because I struggled with the delay between the main and additional vocals when I put some reverb on them.

Comments are appreciated, thanks!

.mp3    Admiral Crumple - Keeps Flowing.mp3 --  (Download: 6.38 MB)

Hi Conehat

Welcome to the forum

Good start!
You said you were having problems with the vocals. A suggestion: Pan the other vocals 25 to 50% R&L and use the same reverb your using on the main vocal and about the same volume, the panning and verb will give you some stereo separation. The scream you can also Pan either L or R and get a nice effect.
Id suggest using a reference track to help you get your balance, tone and volume. Ex: Eminem Mockingbird or a rap tune you think fits this song. Im just scratching the surface. The more you mix and study the better your mix's are going to get, compression, EQ, Limiting FX's Etc.
Good Job! Keep Mixing!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(05-11-2018, 11:17 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Conehat

Welcome to the forum

Good start!
You said you were having problems with the vocals. A suggestion: Pan the other vocals 25 to 50% R&L and use the same reverb your using on the main vocal and about the same volume, the panning and verb will give you some stereo separation. The scream you can also Pan either L or R and get a nice effect.
Id suggest using a reference track to help you get your balance, tone and volume. Ex: Eminem Mockingbird or a rap tune you think fits this song. Im just scratching the surface. The more you mix and study the better your mix's are going to get, compression, EQ, Limiting FX's Etc.
Good Job! Keep Mixing!!
Cheers
KSmile

Hi Kmuzic,

thanks for your reply & suggestions, will try it out!

Revised version:
This time I have used the side vocals and have panned them R+L as suggested. I had to align the vocal tracks on the timeline because there was some annyoing delay effect due to them not being always on time. Also I reduced the amount of reverb on the vocals altogether because it was too audible in the first version. I bussed all three vocal tracks and put a rather heavy compression on them.

In the sample I cut the frequencies below 200 Hz and replaced it with my own bassline from a synth which is ducked by the kicks.
I also made the whole mix louder.

Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Conehat

.mp3    Admiral Crumple - Keeps Flowing_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.29 MB)