Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Adam Buckley goes Metal
Hello everybody,

just wanted to throw my mix in for comparison. I hope you enjoy my approach on this one.
Feel free to ask me any questions.

Greetings from Germany,

Lars

.mp3    Drag Me Down_051118_V1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

Hey LK, I like the drum sounds and the reverb you used on this mix.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Hi there, I really like the overall sound! Smile I feel it balanced, maybe "too much". Maybe I would add some more high frequencies to the LR guitars for more bite and more "in your face" sound.
(05-11-2018, 09:49 PM)Faders_up Wrote: Hey LK, I like the drum sounds and the reverb you used on this mix.

Hey Faders,
thank you very much!
The reverb by the way is a free plugin called verbiage by Stillwell Audio.
(06-11-2018, 06:21 PM)giulioscatto Wrote: Hi there, I really like the overall sound! Smile I feel it balanced, maybe "too much". Maybe I would add some more high frequencies to the LR guitars for more bite and more "in your face" sound.

Much appreciated, thank you!
Never thought about a song beeing "too balanced" Big Grin
I think at this point my mix is an open playing field for every client or mastering engineer to put their finishing touches on.
is only my athm50x`s have mud in 100-150hz or mix have too?
M-Audio BX5D2//Audiotechnica athM50X//iMac 27 late 2012//Ableton 9//tons of plugins
Soundbetter: https://soundbetter.com/profiles/141428-mark-manzhelli
(13-11-2018, 07:05 PM)blackfen1x Wrote: is only my athm50x`s have mud in 100-150hz or mix have too?
Sounds pretty transparent on my Neumann KH120 A´s.
I looked up the frequency response of the ATH-M50x headphones and they do have a big bump right around 100Hz.